I was reading this post by Ms. Sting over at Nigerian Scorpio, and I was thinking: I’m always writing about my mental health/personal issues/boring life. I put down a few random facts about myself in my About page, and for sure I’ve mentioned things here and there, but I think I can do better than that. I mean, it’s been what….two years blogging?! Shit…time flies.
So, here goes…20 random facts about myself:
- I usually wear a size 7.5 in shoes, but in reality, my right foot is slightly bigger than my left foot. Sometimes a 7 is perfect for my left, while I need a 7.5 for my right. My feet force me to see the gray zone in life, I guess?
- I have kind of a sweet tooth, but you couldn’t tell because I control myself so much. And I don’t really fancy cooking in general, but I actually like cooking desserts….so I can eat them later. I love ice cream, chocolate, pies, anything and everything. I get weak in the knees for cookie dough and brownie mix. Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream is the death of me.
- I’m a perfume lover.
- I loved spelling bees as a kid and I’m still a spelling freak. My dream was to win the Scripps National Spelling Bee. G-E-E-K.
- Never had an iPhone. I’m an Android gal, I guess? I’m not really into technology, honestly.
- When it comes to “toxic habits”, I don’t really like to drink. Might drink a bit every now and then, but I really just don’t like the taste. I tried smoking pot once, and failed. I’m pretty good at solving Newtonian physics equations, but I don’t understand the mechanics of smoking. (Yes, I’m making fun of myself there….I do that a lot.)
- I hate making fun of other people. Seriously. It takes me back to when I was bullied and…it’s just not right.
- I shared a room with MM until I was around 12 years-old. I used to hate her because she was very anal and a freak when it came to keeping things tidy, while I was kind of a mess. Nowadays I’m the freak who keeps her room tidy at all times. For real. I can’t sleep if there’s a mess in my room.
- My fears: cockroaches, depths, having Alzheimer’s, and sometimes heights. But depths and cockroaches are the worst. I can’t see pictures of cockroaches. Actually, typing the word is freaking me out right now. As for depths, I can’t see pictures of deep pools or deep sea. My close childhood friend took up diving once and she asked me to go to one of her team practices and I was an overall mess. Had to walk as far away from the pool as possible. I can tolerate depths of about 9ft., more than that is too much for me. As for Alzheimer’s, my grandmother had it, and it seriously sucks.
- I honestly, for the life of me, can’t remember when was the last time I cheated on a test. Maybe middle school??
- I’m a terrible liar. But I could be lying right now (ha!).
- I want to travel to each continent at least once. But really, I want to travel to as many countries as I can before I die. Anywhere and everywhere, I want to go there.
- Used to do dance as a kid and I quit because, as far as I remember, “my feet hurt”. Boy, do I regret that every day of my life. Apparently, I was really good and had potential.
- I’m an animal-lover. All kinds, I love them. Except cockroaches….and bugs that creep on you. Recently, there was a 2-inch spider in my room at 3am and I panicked because I couldn’t sleep with it creeping around. So, I thought of different strategies to make it walk out of my room. In the end, after about half hour of deliberating, I decided upon sucking it up with the vacuum because there was just no other way of getting it out. I felt like a murderer and a spider-assassin, and I couldn’t stop thinking that maybe it would wake up from the dead like some spider-zombie and creep out of the vacuum bag to haunt me.
- If I weren’t in medicine I guess I’d be a writer, or a visual artist of some kind….or anything that would pay me to travel, learn new languages, and cultures (if such job exists). My goal is to somehow combine those things in the near future. Other careers I considered throughout my short life: veterinarian, teacher, engineer (electrical, chemical, biochemical, biomedical, or aerospace), physicist, art restoration, art conservator, chemist, graphic artist, actress (have no talent for that, though), biologist of any kind. Strangely enough, I didn’t harbor a serious interest in medicine until college.
- I have a weird obsession with flossing. And notebooks.
- Personality-wise…a good way of knowing whether I trust you is if I’m bubbly and spontaneous around you. Usually, I’m very reserved and quiet, but once I get to know someone I start cracking jokes and being a bit of a clown. I dig sarcasm and dark humor. I can be a bit of a smart-ass too, I’m quite a geek, and I’m an introvert at heart.
- I harbor a weakness for men who look all bad-boy-ish. Tattoos, piercings, ear plugs, 5 o’clock shadow, long-ish hair….though you wouldn’t guess judging by The Ex and the crushes. I hate tweezed eyebrows. My future guy can’t have better eyebrow game than I.
- I’m not religious. I fall somewhere along the atheist-agnostic spectrum. I was raised a Catholic but was never really religious (maybe a little in high school). MM jokes I was an atheist since the third grade. My philosophy in life is: be good and do good.
- When I was a kid, for some reason, I used to think Winnie the Pooh’s jars of honey were actually jars of cheese. Which was awesome to my kid-mind, because I’m kind of a cheese-freak.
Wow, that took way longer than I thought it would. But it was fun!